There is no longer Jew or Greek, there is no longer slave or free, there is no longer male or female; for all of us are one in Christ Jesus.
Galatians 3:26, 28
Westminster’s Racial and Economic Justice Ministry Team strives to overcome the sin of racism through education, reconciliation, and action. Inspired by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s declaration that each act of reconciliation is one step closer to a Beloved Community, the team provides opportunities for learning, growth, engagement, and advocacy at Westminster and in the Twin Cities.
The ministry team seeks to further racial and economic justice by:
- Building broader awareness and understanding of racial disparities and injustices
- Making racial equity a core belief of the Westminster community
- Developing the culture needed to achieve racial justice goals at Westminster
- Advocating for public policies and systems necessary to achieve racial goals
- Providing opportunities for learning, growth, and reconciliation for people at all levels of interest and understanding
The Racial and Economic Justice Ministry Team was established in 2020 in response to recommendations from a task force commissioned by the Westminster Session. You’re invited to email the ministry team chair to learn more and to sign up for Faith in Action News to have upcoming event details delivered directly to your inbox.
The team invites your continuing prayers for a world in which all people share equitably in the wealth of our nation and the earth.