The Responsible Building Use Task Force met this week and has decided to keep all current allowances in the re-opening the building plan the same through May. As a reminder, the task force was appointed by Session, is led by Session Clerk Vincent Thomas, and includes medical advisers from the congregation. After assessing current medical information and procedures at church, the task force decided it is best for the community to remain in Phase 3.5 of the re-opening the building plan through Sunday, May 30.
Here are the current allowances in Phase 3.5:
- Up to 100 people for worship in the sanctuary on Sunday mornings
- Covid protocols continue, even for those who are vaccinated (single mask, six feet apart, preregister for worship and events, stay home if you’re sick, and wash your hands often).
- Westminster groups of 15 or fewer allowed to meet at the church between 9 am and 4 pm, Monday through Friday (arrangements through Deb Wagner).
- Individuals allowed to arrange personal time to pray in the sanctuary between 10 am and 3 pm, Monday through Friday (arrangements through Vanessa Uzong).
- Groups up to 50 may gather outside on-site and off-site.
At this time the Responsible Building Use Task Force plans to increase allowances in June, including the possibility of masked singing for the congregation, but will meet again in late May to re-evaluate any planned changes. More information will be announced afterwards.
We appreciate all those who have gotten vaccinated. As a reminder, if you are vaccinated you still need to follow the Covid protocols, including registering for events, wearing a mask, and remaining six feet away from those who are not in your immediate household. We are not able to offer preferential treatment for those who have been vaccinated.
We’re grateful for the cooperation of Westminster members and friends as we slowly emerge from the time of pandemic, and begin to meet in community again in our building. While apart, we covenant still to be the church. Thanks be to God!