Deacons (comprising a board of 45, including 2 youth) often are called “the heart of the church.” Their responsibilities include service in all ministries of the church, especially caring for the congregation, participating in outreach ministries, and offering hospitality. They are part of the Lay Leadership of the church and are ordained officers.
Ways Deacons Serve:
- Bringing Communion elements to those unable to worship in person
- Calling members to check in, especially during the Covid pandemic
- Serving Communion during worship (along with Elders)
- Providing the caring arm to the church
- Lead the Care and Support ministry teams