Madaba is best known for its mosaics, both ancient and modern. Of the former we saw the famous Madaba Map Church, St. George, a Greek Orthodox church built in the 19th century over a mosaic map dating from the 6th century. It’s the oldest existing map of the Holy Land, and is a beautiful as a work of art.
About Brigitte Parenteau
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Brigitte Parenteau contributed a whooping 54 entries.
Entries by Brigitte Parenteau
After prayer we walked out the front door of the hotel and right across the street to enter the site known as Petra – one of the seven modern wonders of the world! It sounds overdone, but when you enter the steep, sandstone gorge and come upon the massive stone carvings, you realize Petra deserves its reputation.
We had our morning prayer in the excavated synagogue of Masada. Kathy read Psalm 27. Look it up and imagine us on top of Masada. It was moving to hear words that probably had been read in that very room 2,000 years ago…”
The day began early with a small group taking a sunrise walk through the neighborhood. Turns out we were in the cultural and governmental center of Jerusalem We walked by the construction site of the new National Library, the Knesset, the ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Israel Museum, Hebrew University, and the Prime Minister’s residence.
- Why Does Exile Matter?September 29, 2019 - 11:26 am
- What Happened at the Exodus?September 22, 2019 - 3:01 pm
- Why Covenant?September 17, 2019 - 3:37 pm
- What Does the Story of Creation Mean?September 10, 2019 - 2:11 pm
- Living in the MomentSeptember 1, 2019 - 1:47 pm
- Inherited Treasure: The Word of GodAugust 25, 2019 - 1:48 pm
- Westminster Member Chad Quaintance Lives His FaithOctober 12, 2019 - 3:14 pm
- Westminster Launches Performing Arts Series in New Westminster HallSeptember 6, 2019 - 11:31 am
- Westminster Joins Community Solar GardenAugust 20, 2019 - 1:12 pm
- An unusual model of church ministryJuly 10, 2019 - 3:47 pm
- Why so many Twin Cities clergy members bicycle religiouslyJune 24, 2019 - 11:59 am
Hours & Location
Chapel 8:30 am
Sanctuary 10:30 am
Westminster Hall 5 pm
Office Hours Monday-Friday
8 am-4:30 pm
Location 1200 Marquette Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55403