After a lifetime of service that has taken him from the civil rights cauldron of 1960s Selma to the Minneapolis school desegregation battles of the 1970s and ’80s, former lawyer Chad Quaintance has settled into a role that even he did not imagine. But this new chapter is part of a natural progression that suits his heart, his temperament and his faith.
About Brigitte Parenteau
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Brigitte Parenteau contributed a whooping 54 entries.
Entries by Brigitte Parenteau
The new Performing Arts Series features a unique array of music and dance, from Cuban jazz to South African gospel, Latin American early music to a holiday classic, contemporary choral to bluegrass.
The 92-year-old was an art lover who amassed an outsized collection of religious works that now fill the walls of Westminster. Her memorial service is Saturday, August 24 from 2-3 pm at Westminster.
Westminster recently entered into a 25-year contract that requires Xcel to acquire electricity in an amount similar to what Westminster uses each year from a community solar garden run by ReneSola Power.
Each Monday, workers at Westminster cover up the religious imagery inside a few Sunday school classrooms to create a more welcoming space for their weekday occupants — young children of diverse faiths receiving group therapy.
For a growing number of Twin Cities clergy members, biking is part of the ministry. Being a good steward of the Earth is part of the reason why David Shinn uses a bike to make work trips.
The Paccard Bell Foundry, in Annecy, France, will forge a six-bell peal for Westminster. Westminster’s bells – the largest will weigh 9,000 lbs. – will be installed in the new “Rose Tower” in 2020.
Learn more about last year’s Windows into Palestine event and view a series of videos highlighting key features.
- Why Does Exile Matter?September 29, 2019 - 11:26 am
- What Happened at the Exodus?September 22, 2019 - 3:01 pm
- Why Covenant?September 17, 2019 - 3:37 pm
- What Does the Story of Creation Mean?September 10, 2019 - 2:11 pm
- Living in the MomentSeptember 1, 2019 - 1:47 pm
- Inherited Treasure: The Word of GodAugust 25, 2019 - 1:48 pm
- Westminster Member Chad Quaintance Lives His FaithOctober 12, 2019 - 3:14 pm
- Westminster Launches Performing Arts Series in New Westminster HallSeptember 6, 2019 - 11:31 am
- Westminster Joins Community Solar GardenAugust 20, 2019 - 1:12 pm
- An unusual model of church ministryJuly 10, 2019 - 3:47 pm
- Why so many Twin Cities clergy members bicycle religiouslyJune 24, 2019 - 11:59 am
Hours & Location
Chapel 8:30 am
Sanctuary 10:30 am
Westminster Hall 5 pm
Office Hours Monday-Friday
8 am-4:30 pm
Location 1200 Marquette Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55403