According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Hennepin and Ramsey counties are now in the low level for community transmission of COVID-19. As a result, Westminster will move our Covid protocols to the low-risk level. Beginning Wednesday, August 10, masks are optional except during Sunday Worship and whenever children under 5 years old are expected to be present.
This summer children under 5 years old have been approved and started to receive their Covid vaccinations. Considering this, Westminster’s Responsible Building Use Team has decided that if Hennepin and Ramsey counties remain in the low-risk category for Covid, beginning September 11 Westminster will move to mask-optional during worship for those who are vaccinated.
Until then, the following protocols will be followed for the low-risk level:
- In order to protect children under five who are only starting to be vaccinated, masks will be required in any WPC space where under-fives are expected to be present, including Sunday morning worship. Signs will be posted outside any room on Sunday that is mask optional (such as Coffee Hour in Westminster Hall, Adult Ed, Social Justice Forum, etc.), so those entering can make their own decisions.
- Food and beverage may be served indoors at any event where under-fives are not present, using existing industry safety standards for food and beverage WPC has always followed.
- Room capacity limits will be lifted except in spaces where under-fives are expected to be present, when it will be 50% of capacity.
- Communion will be offered in the pews or by intinction with pre-packaged individual servings also available.
- Singing will continue and masks will be required where under-fives are expected to be present, including Sunday morning worship. The choir will also continue to wear masks during Sunday worship.
- Offering plates may be passed in the pews.
To see the complete plan and list of protocols, read the plan online.