As the COVID-19 infection rate in Hennepin County increases, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) has moved the county from a low- to medium-risk level. As a result, Westminster’s Covid protocols will also move from a low- to medium-risk level.
Last month, the Responsible Building Use Task Force revised Westminster’s Covid response plan and Session approved the revised plan. The new plan includes a risk assessment process tied to the CDC’s risk levels. In addition, the revised plan has a three-column grid of Covid prevention measures based on risk level—low, medium, high.
At the medium-risk level, the following protocol changes will take effect on Monday, June 20:
- Masks will be required inside the building at all times.
- Capacity limits will be 600 allowed in the sanctuary and 50% capacity in all other rooms.
- Social distancing is required.
- Communion will be pre-packaged, individual servings.
- No self-serve food service and all tableware will be disposable/compostable; 50% table capacity; and masks should be worn when not eating/drinking.
- Singing continues with masks.
To see the complete plan and list of protocols, read the plan online.